Jio is a commitment of Rs 2,50,000 crore, set to tap the consumption wave in India: Mukesh Ambani
- MUMBAI: Mukesh Ambani on Monday called his encounter with incumbents over the points of interconnect “ragging” of a new comer, which both he and his company were willing to bear but not at the cost of “millions of subscribers”.
- Just a day after his flagship company Reliance Industries threatened Bharti AirtelBSE 0.49 %, Vodafone and Idea CellularBSE 1.51 % of consequences,
- he said that he was watching to see if the “ragging” would soon stop, he said at an interaction set up by The Print.
Ashok Leyland unveils India’s first indigenous electric bus
“India’s first ever fully electric bus, developed for India and made in India, is a big leap in mass public transport and we are glad that Ashok Leyland has been able to deliver this.
This vehicle will support the government initiative of reducing India’s eight lakh crore fuel import bill and is a promise for a brighter and cleaner future for all of us and for our future generations,” said Ambuj Sharma IAS, additional chief secretary, industries and commerce, government of Tamil Nadu.
PM Modi inaugurates three hydropower projects in Himachal Pradesh
- Prime Minster Narendra Modi has inaugurated three hydropower projects of 1,752 MW capacity in Himachal Pradesh.
- He dedicated to the nation third phase of Parbati Hydropower project (520 Megawatt), Rampur project (412 Megawatt) and Kol Dam power project (800 Megawatt).
- It is the first visit of PM Modi to Himachal Pradesh after becoming Prime Minister.
Amandeep Singh Gill appointed as India’s Ambassador to UN
- Amandeep Singh Gill (IFS officer- 1992 batch) has been appointed as the India’s Ambassador to the UN Conference on Disarmament, Geneva.
- Gill has represented India on the UN Secretary General’s Panel on Missiles from 2007 to 2008.
- The Conference on Disarmament (CD) is not formally a United Nations (UN) organization. It is linked to the UN through a personal representative of the UN Secretary-General