Andhra Pradesh, Telangana top Ease of Doing Business list
- Andhra Pradesh and Telangana have jointly topped the Ease of Doing Business Reforms Ranking 2015-16.
- The ranking of the states was conducted by the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) and the World Bank.
- States were ranked on their implementation of DIPP-proposed 340-point Business Reform Action Plan in period between July 2015 and June 2016.
- They were rated based on their score in the per cent scale i.e. implementation rate regarding the 340 reform measures.
- These 340 reform areas are broadly under six key categories: tax reforms, single-window systems, environment and labour reforms, construction permits, inspection reforms and commercial disputes and paper-less courts.
- 32 States and UTs had submitted evidence of implementation of 7,124 reforms.
- These submissions were reviewed by the World Bank team and validated by the DIPP.
Vigilance Awareness Week being observed
- Vigilance Awareness Week is being observed across the country to promote probity in public life and achieve a corruption-free society.
- The theme of the week this year is “Public participation in promoting integrity and eradicating Corruption”.
- The Commission will visit schools, colleges and industry bodies and other institutions to seek support for creating awareness against the corruptions.
- The observance of week commenced with pledge taking by public servants in the Ministries, Departments, PSUs, Banks and all other Organisations.
- The week is observed every year from 31st October, the birthday Anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
Gujarati new year celebrated
- New Year Bestu Varas is being celebrated with traditional zeal and fervour in Gujarat.
- The next day after Diwali is marked as the beginning of Hindu New Year Vikram Savanstar, which is celebrated across Gujarat as a new year.
- The day is of special significance for traders and businessmen as it is marked the beginning of the financial year for them and the new ledgers are opened on this auspicious day.
This year in 2016, the 50th Haryana Day will be celebrated all over the state on 1st November.
- One of the many festivals that keep the state of Haryana in a festive spirit almost all the time is the Haryana Festival in Haryana.
- This festival is celebrated to commemorate the day when the state of Haryana was carved out of Punjab in 1966.
- This year in 2016, the 50th Haryana Day will be celebrated all over the state on 1st November.