The Estimate Committee of Parliament, in its 47th Report (1967-68), recommended the setting up of a Staff Selection Commission for conducting examinations for recruitment to lower categories of posts. Subsequently an Examination Wing was initially added to the Secretariat Training School, renamed as the Institute of Secretariat Training and Management (ISTM). In pursuance of the recommendations made by the Administration Reforms Commission (ARC), the Government of India decided to constitute a Subordinate Services Commission under an Executive Resolution. The Subordinate Services Commission was established under Government of India in the year 1975. It was renamed as Staff Selection Commission. The Staff Selection Commission makes recruitment to non-technical group ‘C’ and group ‘B’ non gazetted posts in Ministries/ Departments, the attached and subordinate offices of the Government of India and the C.A.G and the offices of the Accountant General.
SSC COMBINED GRADUATE LEVEL PRELIMS EXAM
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the Combined Graduate Prelims Exam once a year for selection of candidates for the main Examination.
THIS EXAMINATION IS CONDUCTED FOR RECRUITMENT TO VARIOUS SUBORDINATE SERVICES LIKE
Assistants in Ministries/Departments, Attached and Subordinate office of the Govt. of India.
- Inspectors of Central Excise & Customs.
- Inspectors of Income Tax.
- Preventive Officers in Customs.
- Examiner in Customs.
- Sub-Inspectors in Central Bureau of Narcotics & CBI.
- Assistant Enforcement Officer in Directorate of Enforcement, Department of Revenue.
- Divisional Accountant, Jr. Accountant, Auditor & UDCs in various offices of Govt. of India.
- Auditor Offices under C&AG, CGDA ,CGA& others.
- Accountant/ Junior Accountant.
- Tax Assistant in CBDT and CBEC.
- Compiler in Registrar General of India.
Qualification required: Graduation
Age: 18 – 27 years (UR)
Post: Assistant in MEA, CVC, Other Ministries, Inspector (Central Excise), Inspector (Income Tax), Inspector (Preventive), Inspector (Examiner), Inspector of Posts, Divisional Accountant, Auditor, Accountant, UDCs, Tax Assistant etc.
Age: 30 years/20-30 years (UR)
Post: Assistant Enforcement Officer/ Sub-Inspector (CBI)/Assistant Section Officer in CSS/SI in NIA
Age: 21 – 27 years (UR)
Post: Assistant in IB
Age: 18 – 32 years (UR)
Post: Statistical Investigator Gr. II