HSSC (HSSC Patwari Gram Sachiv, Haryana Police, Auction Recorder etc.) set-1st
Here is the Most Important Previous Exams Questions by Ajay Sir– SET-1st ….. More Question sets will be uploaded soon…….
Questions Asked in HSSC Patwari Gram Sachiv(June-July) 2016 – [ENGLISH LANGUAGE 1st]
1. We were brought up a village and my grandfather was a simple ………….. and quite illiterate. (Fill in the blank)
(A) pheasant (B) peasant
(C) pleasant (D) man
Direction (Q. 2 & 3): Choose the word that best expresses the meaning of the underlined word.
- He refused to kow-tow to the government’s wished on this issue.
(A) be supportive (B) be submissive
(C) be defensive (D) be helpful
3. It was a perilous journey across the mountains.
(A) risky (B) thrilling
(C) deadly (D) tiring
Direction (Q. 4 & 5): Select the substitution that best expresses opposite meaning of the underlined word :
4. We have made tentative plans for a holiday.
(A) permanent (B) definite
(C) careful (D) elaborate
- Some democratic countries believe in racial segregation.
(A) Subordination (B) Domination
(C) Inferiority (D) Integration
Direction (Q. 6 & 7) : Choose the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the given idiom/phrase :
6. Wear and tear
(A) Contempt (B) damage caused by constant use
(C) festive occasion (D) be leisurely
- Not let the grass grow under one’s feet.
(A) to remain neutral (B) not related to
(C) unconcerned (D) waste no time in acting
Direction (Q. 8 & 9) : Find the wrongly spelt word
8. (A) telepathy (B) antepathy
(C) sympathy (D) apathy
9. (A) earnest (B) infest
(C) detest (D) aganist
- Children below the age of 16 can be tried only by the …………. Court. (Fill in the blank)
(A) Supreme (B) High
(C) District (D) Juvenile
[ENGLISH LANGUAGE 2nd] HSSC-2016
- An employment advertisement should ………….. the number of vacancies.
(A) provide (B) specify
(C) contain (D) declare
Direction (Q. 12 & 13): Choose the word that best expresses the meaning of the underlined word.
- I am itching to tell you the news.
(A) feel obliged (B) feel restless
(C) feel satisfied (D) feel sickly
13. They are asking a preposterous price for the work.
(A) unrealistic (B) unreasonable
(C) low (D) absurd
Direction (Q. 14 & 15): Select the substitution that best expresses opposite meaning of the underlined word :
14. Krishan’s remarks infuriated Chetan.
(A) silenced (B) insulted
(C) soothed (D) satisfied
(A) Inducive (B) Dull (C) Attentive (D) Attractive
Direction (Q. 16 & 17) : Choose the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the given idiom/phrase:
- Root and branch
(A) to collect (B) to set ablaze
(C) to take hint (D) completely
- Wild goose chase
(A) a futile and foolish search (B) an emergency
(C) conscious of (D) interest in
- The good are often …………. with their bones.
(A) bury (B) interred (C) cover (D) exhumed
Direction (Q. 19 & 20) : Find the wrongly spelt word :
(A) calculate (B) articulate
(C) vacilate (D) gesticulate
- (A) careful (B) skilfull
(C) beautiful (D) unmindful
[ENGLISH LANGUAGE 3rd] Hr. Police 2016
Direction: Select the word which is most nearly the same in meaning of the key word.
(A) disappointment (B) happiness
(C) grief (D) anxiety
Direction: Choose the word opposite in meaning to the key word.
(A) hypocrisy (B) vanity
(C) arrogance (D) superiority
23. Perfect health depends on the …………. of a few simple rules to health.
(A) observation (B) occurrence
(C) observance (D) adaptation
24. Choose the wrongly spelt word.
(A) enervated (B) evacuated
(C) exicuted (D) excavate